Workplace Safety and Health Management in Marine Industry (WSHMI)
Previously known as SHIPYARD SUPERVISORS SAFETY COURSE (SSSC)
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-Repairing) Regulations 2008 (Reg. 6(8) stipulates that: “It shall be the duty of every person not to oversee or supervise any work (including any process) in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbor unless he has received adequate safety and health training to ensure that the work that he oversees or supervises can be carried out safely.
The SSSC is a mandatory training course for individuals who are to undertake the role of a supervisor in the marine industry.
Employability Skills System (ESS) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
- Identify the Workplace Safety and Health Act, subsidiary legislation and industrial code of practice relevant to the marine industry.
- List the roles and responsibilities of a shipyard supervisor.
- Conduct a safety briefing for shipyard workers and contractors.
- Coordinate the implementation of safe work procedures in the marine industry.
- Provide inputs for drawing up a risk assessment matrix.
- Formulate occupational health programme.
- Conduct investigation and prepare an incident report.
- An Overview of Workplace Safety and Health Legislation.
- General Safety in Shipyard.
- Confined Space Entry.
- Hot Works.
- Electrical Hazards.
- Surface Treatment.
- Material Handling.
- Working at Height.
- Risk Assessment.
- Occupational Health.
- Accident Investigation and Safety Inspection.
Course Duration: 32 hours including 3 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English.
Class Size: Maximum 30
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:30 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
2-hour written assessment and a 1-hour role play/case study assessment at the end of the course. The learner must pass BOTH assessments at 65% for each assessment in order to pass the assessment. Failure to pass either of the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$ 270
Funding & Claims:
- Skill future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
Mandatory adoption of e-attendance via SingPass from 1 October 2023: As per the SSG regulation we are introducing “e-attendance via SingPass,” for participants applying for funding. To ensure a smooth process, please verify your SingPass app access before attending the course. Kindly note that manual attendance submissions will not be accepted for funding invoices. Thank you for your cooperation.
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966