Workplace Safety and Health Management in Manufacturing Industry (WSHMMI)
(Classroom + Asynchronous E-Learning) – Blended
previously known as SUPERVISE WSH IN MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY (SMW) (Also known as Basic industrial Safety and Health Course for Supervisors- BISH)
This unit will be relevant to WSH Coordinator, SHE Coordinator, HSE Coordinator, EHS Coordinator, Safety Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or any supervisor who is assigned to oversee or supervise any work or process in the metal working or other manufacturing industry.
- Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN)Level 4 and above,or equivalent.
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the manufacturing industry. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in the manufacturing industry
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH).
- Consequences of unsafe work practices and workplace conditions.
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to manufacturing industry.
- Overview of WSH management system.
- WSH duties and responsibilities of supervisor in the manufacturing industry.
- Risk management process.
- Typical hazards in manufacturing industry.
- Methods for hazard identification.
- WSH control measures
- 5S housekeeping
- Types of organisational WSH inspections
- WSH training and promotional programmes
- Incident investigation and reporting
- Permit-to-work (PTW)
Course Duration: 32 hours (29 training hours + 3 hours assessment).
Medium of Instruction English & Mandarin.
Face to face class room teaching for all languages.
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for course conducted in English:
- e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace for
- Presentation slides
- Watch the video
- Forum discussion
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) Qualification 3.
- At least 2 years of training experience in WSH over the last 4 years
- At least 5 years of Workplace Safety and Health experience
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
There will be 2hrs of written assessment (MCQ) and 1hr of role play & case study at the end of the course.
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$ 270
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals