Workplace Safety and Health Management in Construction Industry (WSHMCI) – English
(Classroom + Asynchronous E-Learning) – Blended
Previously Known as SUPERVISE CONSTRUCTION WORK FOR WSH (SCW / BCSS)
This unit will be relevant to Construction Site Supervisor, Clerk-of work, Foreman, Site engineer, WSH Coordinator, WSH Supervisor or individuals who undertake the role of a supervisor in the construction industry.
- Learners are assumed to Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
The purpose of this Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise WSH in the construction industry. This Competency Unit is designed to focus on building the competency of the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor in identifying the common hazards and risks in the workplace and taking appropriate control measures in supervising WSH in the construction industry.
- Importance of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH).
- Consequences of unsafe work practices and workplace conditions.
- Salient WSH legal and other requirements relevant to the construction industry.
- WSH (Construction) Regulations.
- Overview of WSH management system.
- WSH duties and responsibilities of supervisor in the construction industry.
- Safety and health planning and organization.
- Risk management process.
- Typical construction activiti.es.
- Permit-to-work for high-risk construction works.
- Typical WSH hazards.
- WSH control measures.
- Methods for hazards identification.
- Types of organizational WSH inspections.
- Incident investigation and reporting.
32 hours including 4 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English & Mandarin
- Face to face class room teaching.
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for classes conducted in english:
- Virtual Reality Video
- Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace.
- Presentation slides
- Watch the video
- Forum discussion
- Identify hazards from given digital photo
- Software will select the topic randomly and learner need to deliver the lecture on that topic
- Project work on own workplace and submit project report (part of assessment)
Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- WSQ Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) qualification or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of training experience in WSH over the last 4 years
- At least 5 years of Workplace Safety and Health experience
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification or equivalent
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Lecture & Assessment
Maximum class size: 25
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
Assessment Advice: Competency-Based (Competent / Not Yet Competent)
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$270
Funding & Claims
- Skills future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
Mandatory adoption of e-attendance via SingPass from 1 October 2023: As per the SSG regulation we are introducing “e-attendance via SingPass,” for participants applying for funding. To ensure a smooth process, please verify your SingPass app access before attending the course. Kindly note that manual attendance submissions will not be accepted for funding invoices. Thank you for your cooperation.
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2 Kampong Kapor Road Little India Near, Jalan Besar, MRT Station Exit B, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
- 2 Wan Lee Road, Singapore 627934
Renewal Points for professionals