SHIPYARD SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE (PAINTER TRADE) – (SSIC-PT)
This course is designed for all workers working in the shipbuilding
and ship repairing industry.
The learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible to attend this course..
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painters Trade).
- Understand fire and explosion hazards & safety measures.
- Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures.
- Understand health hazards and preventive measures.
- Know the proper usage of Personal protective equipment.
- Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels.
- Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings.
- Understand Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit.
- Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works.
- Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (Painters Trade).
- Fire and explosion hazards & safety measures.
- Airless spraying hazards and safety measures.
- Health hazards and preventive measures.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels.
- Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings.
- Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit.
- Worker’s safety checklist for painting works.
Course Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes including 10 minutes of Assessment
Medium of Instruction: English, Mandarin, Tamil ,Bengali
Teaching Methodology: Face to Face class room teaching
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- A Facilitator and assessor of this course should possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience as a supervisor / foreman /safety personnel in the marine industry
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) or Diploma in Adult Continuing Education (DACE)
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 40
1:40 for Theory & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
10 MCQ assessment in 10 minutes and it is a closed book assessment. The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%.. Failure to pass the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$ 30.28
Funding & Claims:
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Safety Pass endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals