SAFETY ORIENTATION COURSE (TUNNELING) FOR WORKERS (SOC(T))
Under the Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 which came into effect in June 2001, all workers, including Singaporeans, must undergo a Safety Orientation Course (Tunnelling) before they are allowed to work in Tunnels.
This course is designed for all workers carrying out work in a tunnel in building and engineering construction worksite.
Learners must have completed and passed the Construction Safety Orientation Course for Workers as a prerequisite to this course.
- Understand general safety in Tunnelling Works
- Identify hazards working in a Tunnel
- Practice safety procedures when operating Tunnelling Equipment and Machinery
- Able to work safely in Confined Spaces
- Practice safety procedure when doing Hot Work and working in Compressed Air
- Competent in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Know the dangers and precautionary measures associated with Tunnelling Works
- Welcome Note/Training Objectives
- Accident Case Studies
- General Safety in Tunnelling Works
- Working Hazards in Tunnelling
- Tunnelling Equipment and Machinery
- Confined Spaces
- Hot Work
- Working in Compressed Air
- Procedures for Safe Work
- Other Safety Precautions
Course Duration: 4 hours including 15 minutes of assessment
Medium of Instruction: English / Tamil / Mandarin / Bengali
Class Size: Maximum 40
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:40 for Lecture & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
20 MCQ assessment in 15 minutes and it is a closed book assessment. Assessment papers are to be issued in accordance to the course language registered for only. No mix language assessment is permitted. The passing mark for the written assessment is 60%. Failure to pass the assessments shall render a “Fail” outcome for the learner and he must then re-attempt the course and assessments.
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$ 40.37
Funding & Claims
Available (only for English)
- Skills future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
Mandatory adoption of e-attendance via SingPass from 1 October 2023: As per the SSG regulation we are introducing “e-attendance via SingPass,” for participants applying for funding. To ensure a smooth process, please verify your SingPass app access before attending the course. Kindly note that manual attendance submissions will not be accepted for funding invoices. Thank you for your cooperation.
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all trainees.
- E-cert available
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
- 2 Wan Lee Road, Singapore 627934
Renewal Points for professionals