PERFORM WORK IN CONFINED SPACE OPERATION (PWCSO)
Under the Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 which came into effect in June 2001, all workers, including Singaporeans, must undergo a Safety Orientation Course (Manholes) before they are allowed to work in Manholes and other Confined Spaces.
Individuals who are:
- Confined Space Entrant
- Confined Space Attendant
Assumed Skills, Knowledge & Entry Requirement
- Participants must be able to listen, read, speak and write in their medium of instruction at a proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills System (ESS) Level 2.
- Identify duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work under the WSH Legislations and Code of Practice.
- Identify confined space hazards.
- Use Gas Detection Instruments for atmospheric monitoring
- Comply with Permit-to-Work system and safe work procedures when working in confined space.
- Participate in an emergency for confined space.
- Understand the legal requirements on manhole work
- Acquire knowledge on manholes, their hazards and consequences, control and mitigation measures
- Understand the need of having an effective manhole entry permit system
- Understanding the importance of hazards monitoring and communication and the respective roles they play to effect a rescue
- Legislation and Code of Practice on Confined Space Work
- Duties and responsibilities of all personnel involved in confined space work
- Manhole Hazards Part A – Atmospheric Hazards
- Manhole Hazards Part B – Physical and Biological Hazards
- Confined space entry permit system
- Prevention and control of manhole hazards
- Use and limitations of Gas Detection Instruments
- Risk assessment
- Selection, use, fit and maintenance of personal protective equipment use for work in manholes
- Accident case studies of accidents in manholes
- Communication and emergency response plan
14 hours including 2 hours of assessment
Medium of Instruction:
English (Facilitation is available in Tamil, Bengali, Thai & Mandarin)
Maximum class size: 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
Assessment Advice: Competent based
Funding & Claims
Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by EverSafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be issued to all participants.
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals