OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID REFRESHER COURSE (OFAC-RC)
Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations (Cap. 354A, Rg 4) Reg. 5 stipulates that “every person appointed as a first-aider shall (a) have successfully completed a training course acceptable to the Commissioner; and (b) undergo such subsequent re-training in first-aid treatment as the Commissioner may require”.
The course is for individuals holding current valid Occupational First Aid Course Certificate which is near to expiry and wishes to renew their certification.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 5 and above.
- Participant must have successfully completed the Occupational First Aid Course with
- CPR+AED (OFAC) and currently holding a valid OFAC certificate.
- Does not have any history or underlying medical heart and lung conditions or any
- physical disabilities/problems such as knee, spinal or joints injury (please consult your doctor to get the necessary clearance to undertake the CPR practice and assessment).
- Pregnant ladies are highly discouraged from undertaking the CPR practice due to
- safety reasons.
By the end of the course, the participants will have the relevant knowledge and application skills in demonstrating first aid/CPR skills to apply them in their workplace.
- Explain the duties and responsibilities of First Aider.
- List the legal requirements under Workplace Safety and Health (First Aid) Regulations 2006 Reg. 5 (2) for the workplace.
- Check and pack contents of First Aid Box.
- Apply first aid to accident victims in the workplace.
- Manage a medical emergency at the workplace.
- Manage victims of hazardous chemicals exposure.
- Identify common workplace accidents requiring first aid treatment.
Course Duration: 17.5 hours including 2.40 hours of assessment .
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to face class room teaching.
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s & free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
An instructor and assessor for this course will possess the following:
- For Safety & Health topics: Registered WSH Officer
- For First aid topics:
- Qualified first aid instructor
- NRC accredited Chief Instructor and instructors.
- Registered Nurse
- 1.3 Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
Key Person In charge : Monish V ( Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum class size: 18
Course Attendance: 75% attendance for entire course, CPR + AED must achieve 100% attendance.
Written exam duration: 40 mins (Minimum of 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) – 20 : OFA – 10 : CPR – 10 :AED)
Practical Exam Duration: 20 mins per participant ((Bandaging, CPR+AED & case scenarios)
Passing rate for OFA MCQs = 70% Passing rate for CPR + AED MCQs = 80% * If fail in CPR – AED considered as fail in whole examination and need to retake whole course. If fail theory examination or bandaging practical, need only to retake theory exam or bandaging practical.
Course Fee exclusive of GST: S$250/-
Funding & Claims: Not Available
- The certificate of achievement will be issued to all the participants by the Eversafe Academy Pte.Ltd upon fulfilling the following graduation requirements:
Passing the individual module by obtaining the minimum of 50% of marks for each module
Passing all the modules in the course
Course fee paid in full
Minimum overall attendance of 75% for each module and the entire course
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points: NA