MANAGE WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH IN CONSTRUCTION SITES – Synchronized e-Learning (MWSHCS)
(Previously known as Construction Safety Course For Project Managers -CSCPM)
Factories (Safety Training Courses) Order 2001 stipulates that “any person who is appointed as a Project Manager to be in charge of all construction activities in building and engineering construction worksites of a contract sum of $10 million or more shall attend the Construction Safety Course for Project Managers before undertaking such project”.
The course would be appropriate for individuals with job titles such as: project managers, project directors, construction managers, project engineers in the construction industry.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Knowledge of the construction industry activities.
- ESS Workplace literacy and numeracy Level 6 and above or equivalence (refer to www.wda.gov.sg).
- Must be holding the position of Chairman of Safety Committee, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent or equivalent post to be eligible to attend this course.
- A laptop or PC is compulsory
- Learns should know basic computer typing knowledge as the exam will be conducted online.
- Understand the legal obligations of duty holders, including a project manager of a worksite, under the new WSH framework.
- Perform the role and duty as Chairman of WSH Committee.
- Plan and implement safety programme for construction activities including working at height, mechanical and electrical works, material handling, scaffolding and excavation.
- Plan and implement an occupational health programme for construction activities.
- Plan and implement risk management programme for all construction activities.
- Establish the procedures for incident reporting and accident investigation.
- Establish and implement Safety and Health Management System in worksite.
- Plan and participate safety and health audit and review in worksite.
- Understanding Workplace Safety and Health Legislations
- WSH (WSH Committees) Regulations
- General Worksite Safety
- Mechanical Material Handling and Scaffold
- Excavation, Tunnelling Work and Compressed Air Environment
- Occupational Health
- An Overview of Risk Management
- Accident Prevention and Investigation
- Safety and Health Management System
- Safety and Health Audits
Course Duration: 34 hours including 4 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
• Teaching through Online Platform (Zoom)
• The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for classes conducted in english:
a) Online Webinar Class
b) Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace.
- Presentation slides
- Watch the video
- Forum discussion v. Identify hazards from given digital photo
- The software will select the topic randomly and the learner need to deliver the lecture on that topic
c) Project work on own workplace and submit project report (part of assessment)
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- At least 5 years relevant working experience; and
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety & Health
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:20 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 75% Attendance
4 hour of written assessment, comprises of at least 2 Short Answer Questions, 2 Essay Questions, and 1 Case study question. The passing mark is 75%.
Course Fee exclusive of GST
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
Renewal Points for professionals
- SDU Points: NA
- PDU Points: NA
- Online Platform (Zoom )
- 2 Kampong Kapor Road, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606