Manage Work At Height – Blended – MWAH
(Previously known as Managing Work -At-Heights course)
Effective 1st May 2014 under the permit to work system in work place safety and health (work at heights) (Amendment) Regulations2014; a trained and qualified manager is required to approve PTWs for hazardous work at height.
This course has been designed to meet the minimum standard for Working at Height Training for Supervisors, Assessors or Managers in Singapore.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
- Learners are assumed to Possess Employability Skills (ES) Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WPLN) Level 4 and above, or equivalent.
- Ability to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures.
The aim of the course is to provide Learners with the requisite WAH knowledge to manage work-at-height activities, so that work can be carried out safely.
- Identify and explain the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders, competent and Responsible persons.
- Identify hazards, evaluate the risk and implement control measures for WAH activities
- Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of WAH activities
- Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
- Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
- Demonstrate competency in donning, checking and correcting of Individual Fall Protection Equipment and Responding to a fall emergency
Course Duration: 20.5 hours including 5 hours of assessment.
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to Face class room teaching
- The following blended learning methods are applied to maximize the learning outcome for course conducted in English:
- Virtual Reality Video
- Login to the Eversafe Academy e-learning platform and self-study from anyplace –
- Watch the video
- Group Discussion
- MCQ for self-assessment
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi .
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health
- Attended and passed the MOM accredited Work-At-Heights (WAH) Train-The-Trainer course
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA)
- 3 or more years of working experience as Project Manager /Operations Manager or equivalent
- 3 or more years of relevant Work-at-Height experience
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 20
1:20 for Theory & 1:10 for Practical
Course Attendance: 100% attendance.
2 hours of open book written assessment (35 Multiple Choice Questions (2 marks each) & Choose 2 out of 5 scenario based Question (15 marks each)). 3 hours of practical assessment. The learner must pass BOTH assessment at 70% for the written and 100% for the practical assessment.
Course Fee exclusive of GST
Funding & Claims
- Skill future credit/funding available
-All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can us their $500 SkillFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. visit the SkillsFuture Credit website (www.skillsfuture.sg/credit) to choose from the courses available on the Training Exchange course directory
SkillsFuture Singapore Hotline: For enquiries relating to skills, training and portal issues, please contact SkillsFuture Singapore at 6785 5785
For More Details: Click Here
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) from the Skillsfuture Singapore (SSG) and a Safety Pass from Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals
SDU Points: NA