GLOBALLY HARMONISED SYSTEM (GHS) COURSE FOR CHEMICAL USERS (GHSC)
This course is suitable for
- WSH Professionals (Safety Managers/WSH Officers/ WSH Coordinators)
- any person assigned to a supervisory role
- or any person who is interested to learn about chemical safety in their workplaces.
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge / Entry Requirement
Learners should be able to Read, Write and Converse in Simple English
• Understand the general details, purpose and benefits of GHS classification system for chemicals
• Apply the legal requirements related to chemical usage
• Demonstrate the User Roles in GHS implementation
• Explain the GHS Hazard Classification such as Physical, Health and environmental hazards and GHS labels and Pictograms usage
• GHS Classification of Mixtures and combination mixture
• Explain types of information are found in each of the 16 sections of an SDS
• Conduct training for workers about GHS product labels, hazards, safety procedures
• Understand Safety procedures involved in the storage, handling and transportation of chemicals
- Topic 1. About the GHS
- Topic 2. GHS Hazard Classification
- Topic 3. GHS Labels
Topic 4. GHS Classification of Mixture
- Topic 5. Safety Data Sheets
- Topic 6. Hazard communication
7.5 hours (Including Examination 30 Minutes).
Medium of Instruction: English
- Face to Face class room teaching
- On line webinar class
Learning Environment: Our ergonomically designed class rooms are fully air-conditioned, equipped with white boards; audio/video equipment’s and free wi-fi
Qualification or experience of facilitators:
A facilitator and assessor of this course will possess the following:
- Advanced Certificate in WSH.
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) qualification .
- At least 3 years of working experience in oil & petrochemical industry.
Key Person In charge: Monish V (Administrative Manager)
Class Size: Maximum 25
Facilitator/Learner Ratio: 1:25 for Theory Lesson & Assessment
Course Attendance: 100% Attendance
- Duration : 0.5 Hours
- 20 MCQ ( One Marks Each)
- Pass Mark for Written Exam: 70%
Course Fee Inclusive of GST: S$216
Funding & Claims
- Based on the successful completion of the course and assessment, a certificate of achievement endorsed by Eversafe Academy Pte. Ltd. will be awarded to the trainee.
- E-cert available
- 2 Kampong Kapor Rd, Little India, Singapore 208674
- 3 Soon Lee Street, #04-14/16&17, Pioneer Junction, Singapore-627606
- 2, Joo Koon Road, Singapore-628966
Renewal Points for professionals